Brave Art at Siksika Outreach SchoolSiksika Nation
Therapeutic Arts for Aboriginal Peoples Empowerment, Healing and Wellness
Brave Art -Contemporary program with Traditional Values.
Brave Art is a transformative arts and wellness curriculum designed especially for Aboriginal learners and taught exclusively by Indigenous/First Nations Artists and leading Indigenous Art specialists. Brave Art was created to exclusively serve Indigenous communities and schools.
Brave Art’s goals are to:
- Increase artistic and visual literacy
- Integrate a therapeutic arts model as a suicide prevention solution
- Cooperate with cultural initiatives
- Empower our participants to be powerful agents for change in their communities and as a 21 century global learner.
- Deeply support Indigenous students in their critical creative capacities
- Increase awareness between the arts and academic success
- Integrate a therapeutic arts model as a suicide prevention and a model to positive transformation, personal growth and success in school and life.
- Co-partner with Canadian Aboriginal Initiatives
- Integrate and promote Indigenous Knowledge Research connected to creativity and the arts.